Education

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

Photo caption: JAMB logo

 

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results that had earlier been withheld for further investigation.

The board’s spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, confirmed the development on X on Thursday, noting that the latest release was in addition to results previously published by the board.

According to Benjamin, the releases followed a painstaking review of cases flagged for suspected examination malpractice.

“While some results have been outrightly cancelled where evidence of malpractice was established, others have been released where the Board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.

“Results from centres where the Board’s live monitoring team observed suspicious activities, or where adverse reports were received, remain withheld pending further investigation. Where sufficient evidence of culpability is established, such results will be cancelled,” he said.

The board advised candidates yet to access their results to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 via the same phone number used during registration.

The 2026 UTME held between April 16 and 25 across accredited computer-based test centres nationwide.

 

 

Related posts

No deal yet between FG and ASUU, says Education Minister

Editor

Nigeria’s oil, gas sector shows recovery in 2025, faces crucial test in 2026 — Iledare

Editor

Experts call for decisive regulatory action, others in power sector

Editor

SSANU, NASU begin indefinite strike Monday

Editor

12-year basic education: FG meets NUT, principals Wednesday

Editor

WISTA Nigeria honours Damilola Adebisi of FCFMT, best graduating female maritime student in Nigeria

Editor